Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Lydiesism on Beauty





From the time Lydie was 2 she has had an obsession with all things trendy/girly. Nail art, hair styles, fashion design, makeup, you name it, Lydia watches tutorials and practices at home in the mirror. She changes clothes minimum 3x a day. She's not even 9! This week I've noticed her mind has been very style and beauty oriented so may I present a week of Lydieism's on appearance.

On Makeup


Lex: Hey Lydia, you don't have to play in makeup. You're beautiful without it.

Lydia: I know that Lex. I'm not playing in makeup to make me beautiful, I'm doing it because it's fun. I know I'm beautiful.

I'm not even mad about this one. Makeup is fun and confidence is awesomesauce. 


On Flattering Clothing


Lydia: I really wish our volleyball uniforms weren't orange. Orange doesn't compliment my skin tone very well. I have olive undertones.


Poor Lydia is an autumn. 


On Coordinating Clothing


Lydia: Hey Mom, I broke my shoes at school can you bring me another pair? If you bring the purple Nike's would you grab the blue and pink hoodie from the closet. They won't match what I'm wearing right now. If you bring the blue Vans just grab the blue and white chevron bow from the bow board and if...


Me: STAHP! I'll bring you what I can. Go back to class.

Lydia: Please don't humiliate me.

That's it. She's going barefoot all day. 


On Stretch Marks


Lydia: Hey Mommy, why is your belly so wrinkled? Oh wait, pregnancy right?


Yes darling, they're your fault. Accept some responsibility


I don't know how to raise this monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment