Thursday, September 10, 2015

Lydieism/Lexism on sibling love



Look at the little monsters. They seem so sweet, then they open their rotten little mouths and ruin the facade. Honestly, they are great kids and they get along very well but being the sarcastic big-mouthed cuties that they are, occasionally things go south. Below, I've once again compiled a few examples of their more colorful exchanges. What is sibling love without a few annoying comments and unnecessary lies, am I right?

July 2012

LexHey Mommy, we're pals right?
MeYes baby, we're pals.
Lex: Lydia isn't a pal, she has to go to jail.

No darling, we don't arrest our sister just because she isn't our pal. Life lessons, man. 

September 2012

Lydia:  Just around the river bend!
Lex: Please stop
Lydia: Just around the river bend!
Lex: Please Lydia, stop.
Lydia: I look once mo...
Lex: SAVAGES! SAVAGES! I WONDER IF THEY EVEN BWEEEED!

Lydia promptly concluded her song and stared out the window instead.

June 2013

Lex: Our exit is number 79.
Lydia: How do you know that?

Lex: Because I'm alive, I'm a human, I have eyes...I have fast eyes, Lydia.

Sarcasm. Their favorite form of communication.

February 2014

Lex: *singing loudly* I have to sound loud because I'm a cowboy *points to cowboy hat*
Lydia: Yeeeeaaaaah...that's not a thing, Lex.
Lex: How would you know, you don't have the hat.

Lydia rolled her eyes and left without saying a word. Lex interpreted that as a win. 

March 2014

Lydia: Lex, buddy, you're adopted...from Russia. 
Lex-: No way! Then how do I speak English?!
Lydia: We taught you *hugs Lex and whispers* and we're so glad to have you.


He did bite her Popsicle in half so I don't think he was taking her seriously.

November 2014

Lydia: I'm done. no more Wild Kratts, It's a baby show!
Lex: I wouldn't expect you to understand.

December 2014

Lydia: Can I have a Phoenix?
Lex: NO FAIR! If she get's a Phoenix I want a griffin!

Sure kids, let's argue about our fictional pets. Makes perfect sense. 

July 2015

Lydia: Hey Lex, better be careful. You see those birds? They're meat eating birds. You saw Jurassic World, you know what could happen.

This is exactly how they looked when she told her fib. It took roughly 20 minutes to assuage his fears. We've yet to return to the aviary. 




September 2015


Lex: Lydia, do you think I'm a dumbo? 
Lydia: Sure
Lex: Lydia! That's mean! I didn't think you'd say that. I thought you'd say nothing! 
Lydia: Do you even know me?
Lex: Apparently not but then again, I'm a dumbo.



He's still holding a grudge and periodically feigns ignorance based on his status as "a dumbo". She will never live this one down.

No comments:

Post a Comment