Saturday, September 12, 2015

Lydieism on intelligence

The day I learned I was going to have a baby I began a list of hopes and dreams. I wanted her to be kind, beautiful, and intelligent. I got all those things but now I know I probably should have put a little less emphasis on the intelligence as it's irritating to raise a child fully confident that she is always right. Her smarts have paid off though and I couldn't be more proud of the grades she brings home. Since she was very young she has used large words that often shock me and had the ambition to go to a very specific college. She's my little Rory Gilmore. Occasionally, she ruins all our fun with her Vulcan style thought process, below are a few of those instances from the past year.

January 2015
Lydia:  I had to tell two of my friends I didn't need their negativity in my life...but now I feel bad. Darn me and my tender heart.

Their negativity. Lord, bless her and her "tender" little heart. 



March 2015



Lydia: I highly doubt the Irish people are wearing green and pinching each other, I'm not playing that game.




I just wanted her to wear the cute shamrock clothing I purchased specifically for this day. Notice she didn't, but she appeased me by wearing the button until she got to school and promptly removed it. Lydie ain't 'bout that life. 



May 2015



Lydia: I grabbed extra homework from the substitute teacher Friday so I can get ahead on our day off. I probably won't get into Harvard but I should be good for Meredith.

July 2015




Lydia: C'mon Netflix, why are you being so inflexible? I just really want to watch season 5 of my little ponies...now.


She's far too accustomed to instant gratification.



September 2015

Lydia: Lex is really getting on my nerves. It's his fault, I'm not being hypersensitive.

WHO CREATED THIS MONSTER! Oh yeah, I did. It was me. My bad, ya'll. 


No comments:

Post a Comment