Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Lydieism's on My parenting skills


Below I've compiled some of Lydia's finest -isms on my choices as a parent. Being the opinionated monster that she is, there was no shortage of options for this post. I've raised a child who truly believes she could have raised herself better. I'm not sure if I disagree.

September 2010, 

Lydia:Mommy, you are making me feel annoyed
Me: Get used to it.
Lydia: See, that is how you make me feel annoyed
Me: Go to bed, Lyd.
Lydia: EXACTLY!

She was 4, 4 years old people.

July 2011

Lydia: What does inside-out mean
Me: It means that which is meant to be inside is outside by mistake
Lydia: Nope, you're wrong.


March 2012

Lydia: Hi Momma, You know where I've been?
Me: No baby, where?
Lydia: In my room serving a punishment, I did it myself because I touched that thing you told me not to. So don't worry about getting me in trouble. Aren't you proud of me? Now you don't have to worry about punishing me yourself.

Yes, that's exactly how it works.

July 2012

Lydia: Why does everything you watch always say BBC?
Me: Because they make better programming.
Lydia: You just wish you talked like them.

 Her view of me, though not incorrect, is somehow offensive.

January 2014 

Me: Hey Lyd, I laid clothes out for you because we over slept today.
Lydia: I had to change the jeans and shoes, but you tried

Such a patronizing child.

June 2015:

Lydia: We need to have an honest discussion about your bad habit of dancing while driving. You're a bad dancer and you have a habit of doing it anyway.


 Though her faith in my parenting abilities is low, Somehow I think she realizes my value as a mother.

1 comment:

  1. I love these kids and hearing about your great parenting adventures! Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete