About us

My photo
In a world where children are encouraged to speak their minds, one mother attempts to survive and thrive. Here is their story.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Lexism's at School

Every new school year I dread open house. Will Lex end up in a classroom with a creative teacher who understands his strange little thought process? Will his teacher expect a good little soldier who fits inside the box? Will they try to have him tested for ADHD? Will this teacher have an incomprehensible attachment to Jessica Simpson music from the late 90's? There are certain things I need to know up front, these are just a few. Each year we have been blessed with a great teacher, and this year was no exception. She occasionally reads the blog (read as: I send her the link and leave her no choice but to read it) and today, contributed her own ism's. Below you will find an exact copy of the Email she sent to me with a few notated comments of my own. 

So a couple Lexism's from today and yesterday that I have to share...

I had the kids lined up ready to go to the bathroom and I said "Okay, lets hit the road Jack." Lex goes
 "Hey, I know that song!"

and proceeded to sing it throughout the entire bathroom break. 
He didn't even blink when I chimed in with "What you say!?" He just kept the flow.

*I have never been more proud of any of his accomplishments than I am at this moment. Sing whenever, wherever, all the time. That's my motto. Solid. Gold. 

Today after our math lesson he says, "All this math has made me sweat." 
I've heard kids say my head hurts or my hand is sore. But I can honestly say I have never made a kid sweat or they just didn't tell me about it! 

Just had to share those. I hope you're having a great day and I'll try to not make your son sweat any more today!

*To be fair, math makes me sweat too. It's the worst. THE WORST! 

No comments:

Post a Comment